Sunday 8 July 2012

Why K-POP Idols Are So Skinny

Ok, so the big question is HOW K-POP IDOLS STAY THIN?! I mean, when you look at the girls' flat stomachs, thin legs and almost perfect body structure, most of the time you would just look at yourself and go "I need to lose weight." Admit it, you've done it before or you still do it. It's only natural, I guess, to feel that way. You feel the need to have the 'perfect body' and you can't seem to accept the fact that you're 'fatter' than them.

After reading an article about the fixed daily calorie intake that SNSD had or still has, I was really shocked. Their dietitian or whatever said that SNSD's daily calorie intake was 1500 kcal. That's MY daily calorie intake. And I'm younger than Seohyun (who's 19). From their heights, you can sort of calculate the girls' average weight and to my surprise, their average weight was 47.4kg. It's just crazy. I WEIGH HEAVIER THAN THAT. HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL SM? But that's just my opinion anyway. Back on topic, I think most girls are put on a strict diet and are to 'work out' or burn off excess fat not only to be fit for performing, but for the media too. If there was a girl with the slightest curves, I think the media will 'feed' from that juicy info :P Sure, their fans might love it but what's with the trend of being extremely skinny? I don't know. I'm not saying all of them are super-thin. I'm just saying that maybe their companies should put a little meat on those limbs of the idols. I know I'm being super judgmental but I just can't help it with this topic at hand.

Wouldn't you just love to have their body? 
Now for the guys. Oh how we love the fact all our male K-POP biases are thinner than us. I don't know how the guys are so skinny. Maybe it's more oestrogen in their bodies? O_o (maybe that's the reason why they act so feminine too XD...jokes) Okay, if you look at Taemin, strangely skinny limbs. And he has no muscles or abs. So that makes him look seriously feminine. Plus, I hate to say it, but my bias Kevin was too skinny at some stage. Now he's buff. >:D But both Taemin and Kevin could disguise as girls and wouldn't have their real genders discovered if they didn't tell anyone. I bet no one will know. NO ONE. Oh, and just a random fact, Teen Top is the lightest K-POP male group, having the average weight of 55.1kg.
Look at that slender body XD
Before...
Then BAM! BUFF >:D (Kevin's the guy in the middle)
So that's all I have to say about why K-POP idols are so skinny. They are pretty much put on a super-strict diet and are pushed to keep fit, especially since they have to sing and dance at the same time, and trust me, it's really hard. Hope you liked this post. Sorry for ranting on about random stuff and going off topic.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh,
    fat girl denial.
    Just want to point out, that there are SO MUCH more naturally skinny/slim people than you think. Seriously. Have you ever been to Europe? In a country with less fast food places than the US? I'm naturally slim"...aka even at my worst depressive, emotional eating, 9 bowls of cereal a day etc, i was just 50 kg at a height of 5'7. Now I started eating healthy (literally healthy, not a stupid starving diet) and started exercising and doing cardio and i'm 4'6 now, and healthier than i have ever been in my whole life. ALl my blood tests are normal, i can run up a flight of stairs without even being breathless (something i couldnt do at 50 kg). I didnt plan to loose weight, just tone up, but my body naturally decided to loose it. I eat like 3 eggs a day and tons of servings of vegetables, so I'm not unhealthy. And my hair is extremely long (past m butt) and thick, so im not anorexic.
    But i'm sure you're right about one thing, not ALLL of these k-pop people are 100 percent naturally skinny. Some or most might be, but not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Europe has tons of skinny people, but this is about SOUTH KOREAN celebrities-where they're pressured into looking "good", which is really just skinny. Also, like you, I'm sure a lot of them just have high metabolism and can't help being really light. And yes, I think I'm fat but I'm not overly obese or anything like that. I'm a size 8 in a dress because of my wide hips. I'm pear-shaped. It's not fat, because I can feel my pelvic bone with a light touch on the side.

      So I see what you're trying to say, but I'm just saying that this is the reason on why they're all skinny. It's just my opinion.

      Delete
  2. *sorry meant i was 46 KILOGRAMS now, not 4'6

    ReplyDelete