Tuesday 1 January 2013

That was so last year.

Alright guys, I just woke up not too long ago so sorry if there are mistakes or the if sentence doesn't make sense because at the moment, I don't make much sense.

Anyway thank you everyone for reading my stuff >___< I'm not sure whether I gave you the info you needed on some things but hoped it all helped <3

To be honest, I don't know what to write about so I'll just give you 5 of what I enjoyed in 2012 (K-POP wise)!

5. PSY's Gangnam Style Phenomenon

Admit it, this was crazy. I bet everyone in the civilised world has heard of Gangnam Style and know what that special dance is. Not too long ago PSY was just another K-POP artist but he wasn't one of those pretty boys. He wasn't young either but he still had many fans (like me~). Then came the song that topped music charts all around the world.

I think the world opened up to this because of the music video. It's humorous, doesn't have a story plot, and is not full of the pretty boys most of us listen to. I bet if PSY was sexy like all the others, no one who's never listened to K-POP but hates it wouldn't have bothered to listen to his music but because of the funny stuff in the video plus the catchy song, everyone got into it. Then it became annoying because people EVERYWHERE was overusing the song but that's another story.

4. THE DISCOVERY OF EXO(planet) <-- lol sorry if you don't get it.

EXO is amazing. If you don't know them (but it's hard not to since SM put up a billion teasers just for their debut) they are a 12 member group split into two sub-groups: EXO-K and EXO-M. EXO-K is located in South Korea and EXO-M is located in China. Now, SM doesn't make up different songs for the two. Both EXO-M and EXO-K sing the same songs, only in different languages. The stupid ass intro at the start of their debut music video "Mama" explains everything in a strange type of English...so yeah. EXO is really great.

I didn't get into their music until later in the year when all they were doing was promoting their songs but I've caught up and like every other EXOtic, I'm waiting for their comeback which has been delayed SO many times I wanna kill SM for it. Yeah, if you haven't listened to any of their songs, go check it out! Seriously. Oh, one more thing. Screw the EXO and B.A.P fan war. I love them both and I'm proud to say so.

3. Mnet Asia Music Awards (MAMA) 2012

So if you didn't know, this happened not too long ago in Hong Kong. This is the cause of the B.A.P and EXO fan war (I think). They were both nominated for "Rookie of the Year" award and so all the Babies and EXOtics when of a voting craze. In the end, neither of them won. This random group called Busker Busker did (WHO THE HELL ARE THEY.) but both EXO and B.A.P won a different award each which is good~

Anyway. The performances were super amazing and I was having a spasm attack because Big Bang, EXO, Super Junior, and a lot of my favourite groups were there. I absolutely loved Epik High's performance of "Don't Hate Me" because they were dressed as Batman villains :') If you haven't watched it or you missed the live stream, Mnet's Youtube channel has all the performances up and I'm sure so people would've uploaded the winners' speeches that were given after winning the award.

2. DISCOVERING U-KISSSS~~~~~ <3 (Technically this was late last, last year but I can't think of anything else amazing that happened in 2012 so yeah.)

Ermergerd. You have no idea how much I love these boys. THEY ARE THE WHOLE PACKAGE. They're sexy, free and single and ready too, bingo. Lol sorry I had to do that. If you don't know who they are (HOW CAN YOU NOT) they're a 7 member group that started in 2008 but was only popular in 2009 in their hit single, "Manmanhani (Am I That Easy)". From there, their popularity escalated a lot. I shall list you all their promoted releases after Manmanhani in chronological because only Kissme's would know them.


  • Am I That Easy (만만하니)
  • Shut Up (시끄러)
  • Bingeul Bingeul (빙글빙글)<--Don't think there's an English translation to that
  • 0330
  • Neverland
  • Doradora (돌아돌아) <--Don't think there's one for that either
  • Believe
  • Stop Girl
You've probably come across one of their songs before. Anyway, in 2011 two of their members' [Alexander and Kibum (that's Kim Hyung Jun's brother)] contracts ended and for some unknown reason, the didn't continue to be in U-KISS. U-KISS' company got two new members: AJ from Paran and Hoon who was a soloist (and formally known by his real name Yeo Hoon Min). Us Kissme's love them all, including the old and new members <3 Oh yeah, AJ went to the U.S. to study for a little while, that's why U-KISS' song Stop Girl does not include him in it.

1. DISCOVERING K-POP ALTOGETHER. (This was 2011 but shush.)

Best. Thing. That. Happened. To. Me. I'm not sure whether it's for the better or not but oh well. Completely changed the way I see things. I went to watch Rise of the Guardians with my friends and throughout the whole movie my friends and I related it somehow to EXO which is really strange...lol.  K-POP really is amazing, with it's endless supply of hot men and skinny girls that apparently all look the same when they don't. Every time someone says "I'll be back" or something, K-POP references always pop in my head and when I say it aloud most people don't understand and they give me the "What the ef" face. 

Yeah, this is a truly amazing genre of music but some people are just too stubborn to open up and try something a little different to what they're used to. Maybe more than a little...(sexy guys wearing guyliner <3) I guess it's less men more share. i.e. "He's mine and I'm going to marry him" If your friend likes that guy too, you either get along so well you become best friends or it becomes the Hunger Games. For a guy. 

Hope you guys like my Top 5 K-POP moments in 2012 (and 2011...) and I wish you guys a Happy New Year. Stay safe, especially in countries in the Northern Hemisphere where it's snowing. All Australia's getting is freakin' hot weather that can probably cook you. So yeah, Happy New Year and I'll see (not literally) you guys soon! Bye~

2 comments:

  1. Love your Blog! Soo totally amazing!!!! Thank you so much for covering the info I wanted on K-pop :P It's soo hard to find a decent K-pop blog. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete