Monday 5 August 2013

Popular Korean Diets

So...I was meant to blog about this a while back but for some reason I kept pushing it back. Well here it is, at last~!

I bet everyone's been wondering what sort of diets K-POP idols take to stay so skinny. Sure, there are a few people here and there practically starving themselves, but majority of the idols restrict the amount of food that they eat (not to an enormous extent). So in this post, I'm going to be listing a few of the diets I've heard some idols have or are currently 'on'. Now, enough of the intro. Let's go~

1. The Danish Diet


Day
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
1
A cup of coffee with sugar
Two boiled eggs, 400g (14 ounces) of spinach and a tomato
200g (7 ounces) of beef, green salad with oil and lemon juice
2
A cup of coffee with sugar
255g (9 ounces) of ham and yogurt
200g (7 ounces) of beef, green salad with oil and lemon juice
3
A cup of coffee with sugar and a slice of toast
Two boiled eggs, a slice of ham and green salad with oil and lemon juice
A boiled celery stick, a tomato and a fresh fruit
4
A cup of coffee and a slice of toast
A glass of orange juice and yogurt
A boiled egg, a carrot and 255g (9 ounces) of cottage cheese
5
A large carrot
200g (7 ounces) of boiled cod with lemon juice and a teaspoon of butter
200g (7 ounces) of beef and one celery stick
6
A cup of coffee with sugar and a slice of toast
Two boiled eggs and a large carrot
Half a chicken and green salad with oil and lemon juice
7
A cup of tea without sugar
A lot of water
200g (7 ounces) of lamb chops and an apple
8
A cup of coffee with sugar
Two boiled eggs, 400g (14 ounces) of spinach and a tomato
200g (7 ounces) of beef with a salad
9
A cup of coffee with sugar
255g (9 ounces) of ham and yogurt
255g (9 ounces) of beef and a salad with oil and lemon juice
10
A slice of toast and a cup of coffee
Two boiled eggs, a green salad and a slice of ham
A boiled celery stick, one fresh fruit and a tomato
11
A large carrot
200g (7 ounces) of boiled cod with lemon juice and a teaspoon of butter
255g (9 ounces) of beef and a celery stick
12
A large carrot
200g (7 ounces) of boiled cod with lemon juice and a teaspoon of butter
255g (9 ounces) of beef and a celery stick
13
A slice of toast and a cup of coffee
Two eggs and a large carrot
255g (9 ounces) of chicken with salad

Oh my gosh that took so long to type :< So that's basically the plan for the Danish Diet. To be honest I don't really like the sound of this diet because there's a lack of carbohydrates. I NEED MY RICE D: Without it I'm nothing </3

Next diet...lol.

2. Watermelon Diet

The name says it all. All you do is continuously eat watermelons. You still eat your normal meals, but most of those meals would contain watermelons. So what eating plenty of watermelons does is that it keeps you full for longer for lesser (or no) calories at all! It's amazing, I know. 

That's about it. A lot more simpler than the Danish Diet, that's for sure!

3. The Paper Cup Diet

Okay, so basically, for each meal you have three paper cups (no you're not eating it =__=). One cup if filled with brown rice, one filled with side dishes and one filled with fruits. This diet is catered for mainly people who use Asian diets (not "losing weight diets", the other one) because the main food of each meal is the rice, not the vegetables or meat. Also, the side dishes being something healthy; not fried chicken or something LOL.

This diet is actually very basic, but the real challenge is whether you'll be able to withstand this amount of food, especially if you're a big eater- i.e. eating two big serves of rice or two steaks <-- don't know whether people eat two steaks since I don't eat them ._.

A bit brief, but that's the end of the post ^^ I know there wasn't much information but I was planning to be brief from the beginning (minus the Danish Diet). If you want to know more about the diets, I suggest you do some more research. Prior to writing this post, I researched a little information about each of the diets but the Watermelon Diet was the one with the least info, that's why I didn't write too much about it.

Something else I'd like to point out, taking up a particular diet is one thing, but having a healthy lifestyle is another. You might be following the Paper Cup Diet but eating like that may not be having much effect if you're just going to sit on the couch all day watching Korean dramas. You need exercise~ The standard amount of exercise is 30 minutes (half an hour) of physical activity everyday. I can confidently say that I don't do that. I tend to cram all my week's worth of physical activity into a couple of days. I'm pretty sure it's a bad thing for many different reasons that I can't list.

That aside, I hope this sort of gave you a basic outline of the popular diets in the K-POP industry. Or rather ones that I've heard of. Thank you for reading~ ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment